In Thailand in order to travel you need an actual train ticket printed on State Railway of Thailand (SRT) paper. SRT train staff will not accept electronic tickets. Train tickets booked through any Thailand Trains website (such as this one) for travel from Bangkok can picked up from an office in a building opposite Bangkok’s main train station. Simply go to the office before your train departs and exchange the electronic voucher you will be sent after your train booking is confirmed for the actual ticket and you have everything you need for your Train to Chiang Mai.
Ticket Collection Point in Bangkok
Tickets will be printed and awaiting collection from the 12Go Office which is on the ground floor of the DOB Building pictured above. This very distinctive building is immediately opposite the grand front entrance of the Bangkok Train Station.
The DOB Building is a Gallery and the 12Go Office is on the ground floor immediately opposite the main entrance across the small hallway. This is an open building and you can just wonder in without needing to explain why you are there.
Buy Thailand Train Tickets
Use the Search Form below to buy your train tickets from Bangkok to Chiang Mai.
Walk From Station to 12Go Office
Getting to the the 12Go office to collect your tickets involves walking across 2 roads for a distance of 180 metres (3 minutes walk) from the main entrance to Bangkok train station.
- Travel Tip: If you would like to get from the train station to the DOB Building without crossing these busy roads, enter the MRT (metro) system via the escalators near the top left hand exit of the main train station building and walk through the subway to Exit 1. The from entrance of the DOB Building is 10 metres away from the entrance to Exit 1.
Location of the DOB Building
The address is:
- 318, DOB Building, 1st Floor, Rama IV Road, Maha Phruttharam, Khet Bang Rak, Bangkok, 10500.
As you enter the DOB Building the 12Go Office (where you collect the tickets) is immediately in front of you across the foyer on the Ground Floor. The office is open:
- Monday to Friday – 10:00 to 20:00
- Saturday and Sunday – 11:00 to 19:00
If you need to collect your train ticket to Chiang Mai outside of office hours call the office direct on +66 (0) 94 074 6668. The staff will do their best to assist you.
Documents required for your Ticket
In order to collect your train tickets you will need to present:
- Your passport or ID card.
- Print out of the ticket confirmation voucher you received after booking.